First, we will open a Court file by preparing and issuing a document called a “Statement of Claim”. This must be served on the party you are suing, who will normally take it to his or her insurance company. The insurance company will then retain a lawyer to defend the case. That lawyer will respond by filing a “Statement of Defence”.

Read More